Liberty Humane Society hires regularly, looking to expand and improve our operations. In addition to working in a friendly environment and caring for wonderful animals, working at Liberty Humane Society comes with the benefits of a flexible schedule, medical benefits for full time employees, advancement opportunities, and a competitive wage.
LIBERTY HUMANE SOCIETY
Opportunity to work for a progressive animal shelter in a period of explosive growth. Liberty Humane Society, a 501c3 nonprofit animal welfare organization, boasts an on-campus spay/neuter clinic, outdoor dog run, a large volunteer support system, a well regarded Pet Owner Support Program, and weekly low-cost public pet wellness clinics. Providing sheltering and adoption services for stray animals from Jersey City and Hoboken, this urban shelter promotes adopting pets from local shelters, supports local businesses through partnerships, and embraces its community by participating in fairs, festivals, markets, and other community events.
Current Openings (updated 8/3/18)
ANIMAL CONTROL DISPATCH/CUSTOMER SERVICE, FT
The qualified individual who serves as the Liberty Humane Society Animal Control Dispatch/Customer Service is responsible for receiving requests for service and dispatching routine and emergency calls to Animal Control Officers in the field, providing information and resources to the public as appropriate, as well as performing various animal control- and animal-care related duties, under supervision in a humane and professional manner.
ABILITIES & QUALITIES SOUGHT:
- Ability to be efficient and productive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to firmly and calmly communicate in stressful situations
- Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication, listening and computer skills
- Ability to handle confidential information in a secure, professional and discretionary manner
- Ability to elicit from, and explain information effectively and accurately to a wide variety of callers including the public and law enforcement officials
- Must be able to work independently within a team structure
- Possession of a valid certificate as an Animal Control Officer issued by the New Jersey Department of Health and a valid driver’s license are preferred. (The right candidate could undergo ACO training after joining our team.)
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resume and cover letter detailing interest in this position, along with salary requirements to LHS@libertyhumane.org
Liberty Humane Society offers the opportunity to work for a progressive animal welfare organization and shelter. In addition to working in a friendly environment and caring for wonderful dogs, cats and other animals, working at Liberty Humane Society comes with the benefits of PTO and medical benefits, including dental and vision, for full time employees.
Basic proficiency in Spanish is preferred, but not required
ANIMAL CARE ATTENDANT, PT/FT
Join our dedicated team of animal welfare professionals. The animal care attendant is responsible for providing compassionate and attentive care to shelter animals at all times and exemplary customer service and assistance to adopters and visitors. The position provides hands-on enrichment and training to showcase shelter animals at their best, and ensures the shelter facility is organized, clean, and welcoming.
Those interested may submit a resume and cover letter to LHS@libertyhumane.org.