YOU CAN ADOPT A PET FROM LHS IN THREE EASY STEPS:
1. Browse available pets online, or visit the shelter in person. We do our best to keep Petfinder up to date, but coming to the shelter is the best way to know who is available.
2. If the pet is a good fit for you, submit an application online, or in person.
3. Come meet the animal and speak to an adoption counselor. If your application is approved and the animal is ready to go, you can pay the fee and take them home that day.
Please note: If the animal you are interested in meeting is labeled with "Foster" next to its name on Petfinder, then this animal does not live at the shelter but is still available for adoption. Please contact the shelter prior to coming in so we can set up a time for you to meet them.
WHEN YOU COME TO MEET AN ANIMAL, BRING THE FOLLOWING
1. A photo ID
2. A copy of your lease that shows you can have pets, or your landlord’s contact information.
3. Members of your household. This includes dogs if you are looking to adopt another dog friend.
4. A cat carrier, or dog leash and collar. We also have these available for purchase at LHS, in case you forget.
Did you know that the Liberty Humane Society holds and attends adoption events? Make sure to check out our Calendar of Events for a listing of our upcoming adoption events! We hold and attend adoption events all year long. So, come on out and see adoptable animals from our shelter as well as foster homes!